California Pizza Kitchen - Fact Sheet
Click to Download
CPK’S “NEXT CHAPTER”:
- California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) was founded by former federal prosecutors and friends Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax. The two founders combined their passion for food with fresh, high-quality ingredients to create innovative California cuisine and legendary hearth-baked, artisan pizzas such as the now iconic Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, invented by CPK in 1985, as well as the Thai Chicken and Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizzas and more.
- The first CPK restaurant opened in Beverly Hills, Calif. in 1985. Today, CPK is a global brand approaching 300 restaurants in 16 countries and 218 cities around the world. In 2015, CPK served more than 15 million pizzas to 43 million guests.
- Since 1985, CPK has served innovative cuisine with a signature twist that’s globally inspired yet distinctly Californian. The company offers fresh preparations, seasonal ingredients, unique main plates, hearth-baked pizzas, pastas, soups, salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts, as well as premium wines and hand-crafted cocktails.
- In addition to full-service restaurants globally, a selection of CPK’s original creations can also be found at airports, sports stadiums and universities, as well as select pizza varieties in the frozen section of grocery stores nationwide through CPK’s partnership with Nestle.
- The company’s current CEO is G.J. Hart, who joined the company in August 2011.
- The company’s innovative cuisine is developed by Chef Brian Sullivan, SVP of Culinary Innovation at CPK.
- The company’s headquarters (known as the “Restaurant Support Center”) is based in Playa Vista, Calif.
- CPK partners nationally with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to host fundraisers, help grant wishes and host wish reveal parties for families across the country. In August 2015, CPK launched a partnership with Round It Up America to allow guests to round up their bills to the nearest dollar in support of Make-A-Wish; to date, more than $310,000 has been raised to support kids and families across the country.
CPK AT “THE PARK” AND LAS VEGAS HISTORY:
- In 2015, California Pizza Kitchen celebrated its 30th anniversary and laid out its vision for its next 30 years by introducing its “Next Chapter” initiative for growth – infusing a fresh, contemporary look, innovative, expanded menu and world-class service model into existing and new restaurant openings.
- The Next Chapter initiate takes the best of CPK’s heritage, history and soul and creates a brand new experience in culinary offerings, hospitality and design. CPK is in the process of renovating its nearly 200 domestic restaurants with rustic yet modern design, including reclaimed woods and granite countertops, herb gardens, local artwork and installations, fire pits and more, all centered around the open kitchen where diners can watch their meals prepared fresh from scratch.
- Next Chapter restaurants feature an adventurous menu that includes CPK’s signature hand-tossed pizza favorites, with new seasonally inspired main plates, salads and appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and locally brewed craft beers.
- While pizza is still the company’s middle name, and iconic offerings such as the BBQ Chicken Pizza are mainstays, CPK’s expanded menu now features items such as:
- a Fire-Grilled Ribeye with house-made Pinot Noir sea salt, topped with creamy bleu cheese butter.
- a Hearth-Roasted Halibut, wild caught from Alaska and roasted on a cedar plank with butternut squash farro, grilled asparagus and baby kale.
- Seasonally inspired flatbreads, pizzas, salads and more
- CPK also now offers a new menu of handcrafted cocktails that use premium alcohols and fresh fruits, juices, purees and herbs. Highlights include:
- California Roots made with fresh avocado, Svedka vodka, agave sour, mint and a fennel salt rim.
- Blueberry Ginger Smash with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Domaine de Canton Ginger, fresh muddled blueberries, lime and cranberry.
- Seasonal sangrias, featuring premium wines, fresh fruits and herbs
- CPK also offers a robust list of premium wines, including bubbles and wine flights, and locally sourced beers
- CPK’s signature pizzas are hand-tossed and topped with high-quality ingredients, including California olive oil, wild Greek Oregano, hand-torn pepperoni, fresh veggies and more; original, whole wheat grain and gluten-free crust are available.
- CPK offers a “Menu Adventure Guarantee,” which allows customers to replace a new dish they’re trying with an old favorite free of charge if they aren’t completely satisfied.
- CPK opened its first restaurant in Las Vegas in The Mirage Hotel & Casino in 1989.
- On April 4, 2016, CPK opened its sixth restaurant in Las Vegas at The Park, showcasing the latest in culinary and design innovation from the California brand.
- CPK at The Park offers CPK’s “Next Chapter” food and beverage menu as well as several new innovative and exclusive offerings created specially for The Park and CPK’s nearby Summerlin location to showcase the very latest in food and beverage innovation at CPK, on and ahead of trends.
- Highlights of the new menu found only at The Park and Summerlin include:
- Power Bowls: Three options to choose from under 650 calories featuring fresh vegetables, super foods and protein packed ancient grains
- Globally influenced small plates and shareables, including Charred Shishito Peppers, Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower and handmade Burrata Cheese with Grilled Baguette
- Premium proteins including hand-cut New York Strips, Ribeyes and wild caught Ahi
- CPK’s first burgers:
- CPK Classic Cheeseburger: our signature blend with Wagyu beef topped with melted American cheese, Nueske’s Applewood-smoked bacon, caramelized onions, tomato, pickles, lettuce and our housemade burger sauce on a toasted Brioche bun
- Seared Ahi Tuna Burger: housemade wild-caught Ahi patty topped with crispy nori, fresh avocado & arugula, tomato and wasabi aioli on a toasted Brioche bun
- Reimagined takes on classic cocktails, such as the Whiskey Cider Press with Maker’s Mark Bourbon, apple cider, fresh lemonade, ginger ale, spiced cherries and fresh apple; and the Socialite Cosmo, with Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, Pavan orange blossom liqueur, cranberry and fresh agave sour, topped with bubbles
- Bubbles – champagnes and sparkling wines by the glass, as premium floats and in customized pairings with Pavan orange blossom liqueur, St. Germain, Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach and Chambord
- Lighter, healthier options including Fresh Pressed Juices and Uniquely Non-Alcoholic beverages, low-calorie, handcrafted “mocktails” with fresh fruit and vegetable purees, herbs, chia seeds and other fresh ingredients topped with sparkling water
Designed in partnership with Aria Group Architects, Inc., CPK at The Park offers an upscale yet relaxed atmosphere to unwind and enjoy CPK’s best-in-class hospitality and menu. Features include:
- High ceilings and multi-option seating in the dining room, dedicated bar and patio
- Open kitchen centered around the open-hearth pizza oven, where guests can watch their meals prepared fresh from scratch every day
- Natural elements like reclaimed woods for seating and interior and exterior decorative installations, as well as reclaimed metals and light fixtures
- Semi-enclosed wooden booths made of reclaimed wood paneling within the dining room
- Antique terra cotta pots, planters and mirrors
- Inside-outside feel with “garage-style” glass doors that open the bar onto the patio
- Colorful barstools, chandeliers and artwork of local landmarks
CPK at The Park is approximately 7,987 square-feet and seats 270.
Address: California Pizza Kitchen at The Park
3786 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Open for business beginning April 4, 2016 at 5 p.m.
- Hours of Operation:
- Sunday-Thursday: 10:30 a.m.-Midnight
- Friday-Saturday: 10:30 a.m.-2:00 a.m.
For more information or to find a CPK in your area, please visit www.CPK.com
# # #
California Pizza Kitchen
Coast Public Relations