California Pizza Kitchen Ups the Ante on Food and Beverage Innovation with Opening at The Park
New, flagship location on the Las Vegas Strip showcases the latest in culinary innovation at CPK
with exclusive menu items
Click to Download
LAS VEGAS – April 4, 2016 – California Pizza Kitchen (“CPK”), the authority in creative dining with a California vibe, announced today the opening of its new flagship Las Vegas restaurant at The Park, MGM’s new dynamic outdoor dining and entertainment district on the Las Vegas Strip. Located between New York-New York and Monte Carlo resorts, CPK at The Park showcases the very latest in culinary innovation at CPK on and ahead of trends with the introduction of exclusive new food and beverage items highlighting seasonal ingredients, premium proteins and unique main plates, hand-crafted cocktails and more alongside CPK’s signature artisan pizzas and other classic favorites. With a focus on sustainable materials and reclaimed elements, CPK at The Park’s design-forward indoor-outdoor space creates an upscale and relaxed environment to dine and unwind, just steps from the new T-Mobile Arena and Las Vegas Blvd.
“CPK at The Park celebrates the spirit of innovation that’s the hallmark of the California Pizza Kitchen experience,” said G.J. Hart, CEO of California Pizza Kitchen. “The Park truly is a one-of-a-kind destination on the Las Vegas Strip, so for our sixth location in the area, we’re turning up the volume on culinary and design in a big way. We’re introducing several incredible new dishes and drinks that showcase our culinary creativity – like a Hearth-Roasted New York Strip served with chimichurri rojo, our first-ever burgers with Wagyu beef or wild-caught Ahi, inventive new hand-tossed pizzas and reimagined takes on classic cocktails – all set within a beautifully designed, modern space.”
The innovative dining experience offered at The Park is the latest step in CPK’s transformational “Next Chapter” initiative, introduced last year. “CPK’s Next Chapter brand transformation elevates the casual dining experience through an inspired approach to food and beverage, best-in-class hospitality and a new look and feel within our restaurants that’s fresh and full of energy, comfortable and with a neighborhood feel,” said Natalia Franco, EVP and Chief Brand Officer at CPK.
“We are passionately committed to offering the freshest ingredients on our menu, in unique preparations inspired by bold, global flavors,” said Brian Sullivan, executive chef and SVP of Culinary Innovation at CPK. “Our newest dishes we’ve created for CPK at The Park really exemplify that, from our nutritious Power Bowls packed with super grains, fresh vegetables and bright vinaigrettes, creative small plates and shareables, new entrees like sashimi-grade seared Ahi, and our sangrias and hand-crafted cocktails that elevate the classics with small batch spirits and fresh garnishes like grilled lemon and herbs.”
Please find hi-res images, here.
Highlights of the new menu available at CPK at The Park include:
- CPK’s first burgers, including the CPK Classic Cheeseburger, with a signature blend of Wagyu beef topped with melted American cheese, Nueske’s Applewood-smoked bacon, caramelized onions, tomato, pickles, lettuce and housemade burger sauce on a toasted brioche bun; and the Seared Ahi Tuna Burger, with a housemade wild-caught Ahi patty topped with crispy nori, fresh avocado & arugula, tomato and wasabi aioli
- Globally influenced small plates and shareables, including Charred Shishito Peppers, Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower and handmade Burrata Cheese with Grilled Baguette
- Premium proteins including hand-cut New York Strips, a Fire-Grilled Ribeye roasted with Pinot Noir Sea Salt and wild-caught Sesame Seared Ahi
- Flavorful options under 650 calories, including three Power Bowls featuring fresh vegetables, super foods and protein-packed ancient grains
- Creative new hand-tossed artisan pizzas, including the Carne Asada Pizza with tender marinated steak, fire-roasted poblanos, cilantro pesto, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack and fresh cilantro, alongside classics like the iconic Original BBQ Chicken Pizza. Gluten-free pizzas also are available
Beverage innovation continues with hand-crafted cocktails, premium wines and unique non-alcoholic offerings:
- Reimagined takes on classic cocktails with craft spirits and unique preparations, such as the Whiskey Cider Press with Maker’s Mark Bourbon, apple cider, fresh lemonade, ginger ale, spiced cherries and fresh apple; the Socialite Cosmo, with Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, Pavan orange blossom liqueur, cranberry and fresh agave sour, topped with bubbles; and the Cha Cha Agua Fresca, with Sauza Cucumber Chili Tequila, Cazadores Reposado Tequila, fresh cucumber, pineapple juice and agave sour, garnished with a cilantro sprig
- Seasonal spirited cocktails, like the Blood Orange Tequila Mule, with Cazadores Reposado Tequila, ginger beer, blood orange puree, fresh lime and orange juice and Seasonal Harvest Sangria, made with a crisp, unique mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, St. Germain Elderflower and Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay with muddled grapes, basil & fresh agave sour
- Bubbles – sparkling wines and rose by the glass or bottle, with premium floats including Pavan orange blossom liqueur, St. Germain, Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach and Chambord
- Lighter, healthier options including Fresh Pressed Juices and Uniquely Non-Alcoholic beverages, which are low-calorie, handcrafted “mocktails” with fresh fruit and vegetable purees, herbs, chia seeds and other fresh ingredients topped with sparkling water
For the complete menu, click here
. CPK’s nearby Downtown Summerlin location will be the only other CPK nationwide to offer the exclusive new menu.
Designed in partnership with Aria Group Architects, Inc., the 7,987 square-foot restaurant features high ceilings and an open kitchen centered around the open-hearth pizza oven, where guests can watch their meals prepared fresh from scratch every day. Natural elements like reclaimed wood seating, metals, light fixtures and décor accented with colorful barstools, chandeliers and artwork of local landmarks add to the restaurant’s rustic, modern design, as well as its colorful façade incorporating reclaimed wood, wall planters and antique terra cotta pots. The “garage-style” glass doors offer an inviting inside-outside patio bar overlooking an outdoor water feature, desert landscaping, monumental steel shade structures; Bliss Dance, a 40-foot-tall art installation of a dancing woman and more.
Follow CPK on Twitter at @calpizzakitchen
(#newCPK), Instagram at @californiapizzakitchen
and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/californiapizzakitchen
. Download CPK’s Pizza Dough®
Rewards app for iTunes
and check in to begin earning rewards for dining creatively.
For more information or to find a CPK in your area, please visit www.CPK.com
To Download the CPK Fact Sheet select the "Click to Download" button at the top of the page.
About California Pizza Kitchen
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to innovative California-style pizza. Since then, CPK has launched what has become a global brand known for creative California cuisine. Today, CPK is approaching 300 restaurants in 15 countries and 218 cities around the world. Dedicated to a unique dining experience, CPK is now introducing its Next Chapter featuring reimagined menus, open kitchens, and unique renovations in all restaurants across the country. For more information on California Pizza Kitchen, visit cpk.com
About The Park
An eclectic blend of restaurants, bars and entertainment tucked into rich desert landscaping, The Park will become a central gathering place on The Strip’s west side connecting New York-New York
and Monte Carlo
resorts as well as the new 20,000-seat world-class T-Mobile Arena
. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, the new outdoor destination will be a place to relax, discover and explore. For more information, visit www.theparkvegas.com
# # #
California Pizza Kitchen at The Park
3786 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday: 10:30 a.m.-Midnight
Friday-Saturday: 10:30 a.m.-2 a.m.
California Pizza Kitchen
Coast Public Relations for CPK
MGM Resorts International